Friday, May 10, 2013

How to Get Rid of a Headache: My Personal Experience

By Lorene Troyer
 
As far back as I can remember, I've dealt with headaches.  I usually took various types of pain pills and just hoped they would work. Eventually I got to the place where I would have to take 7 or 8 pills before I finally got some relief.

I frequently listen to faith messages by Kenneth Hagin and I'd hear him talk about how he hadn't had a headache in 50 plus years (because he would resist them in the name of Jesus). I wanted that for myself so bad- but it seemed like when I tried to resist the headaches, they just got worse:)

Well, one day, I was hit with another bad headache. I did not want to start taking pain pills because they might or might not work and I knew they weren't good for me. I told myself, I was going to sit and speak scriptures out of my mouth till the headache left, no matter how many hours it took. 

I went to Isaiah 53:4 and started saying, "Jesus bore my pains. Because Jesus bore my pains, I never have headaches another day in my life. Jesus bore my pains so I am free from headaches. Jesus bore my pains so I live a pain-free life. Today is a pain-free day." I said it over and over as I thought about  Jesus being whipped so we could be free from pain.

To my happy surprise, the headache was totally gone after 23 minutes.  Well, I took note and whenever a headache showed up after that, I followed this same method and the headache left.

Since that time I have also learned to meditate on John 14:13, "And whatever you shall ask in my name,that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you shall ask anything in my name I will do it."

After I meditate on that scripture, I can simply say, "Headache, I speak to you and I command you to leave my presence right now in Jesus name!"

Note: When I've had really bad headaches, it has taken me up to an hour or longer to get rid of them, I'm not sure why that is- possibly because it was hard not to focus on the headache.

I've also learned that I need to walk in love, stay out of strife and be quick to forgive. I can't be all upset with a family member and expect my faith to work. (Faith worketh by love, Gal. 5:6).

I also learned that I need to use wisdom and take care of my body. I can't eat junk food all the time or spend 6 hours nonstop looking at a computer screen and expect to live a pain free life.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment