Friday, August 2, 2013

3 Benefits of Meditation on the Word of God

One of my favorite Bible verses is Joshua 1:8. My life changed when I learned how meditate. It's a pretty powerful way to build your faith and renew your mind. Here's what the Bible says will happen if you meditate on God's Word.

First you will observe and do whatever you meditate on. What you meditate on gets inside of you and becomes real to you. It changes your thoughts to believe that you can have what Bible says is yours. This in turn causes your actions to change and line up with the Word of God.

The second thing that it says is that you will make your way prosperous. From looking up the word "way" in the Strongs concordance, I get the impression that it’s talking about habits- the way we talk and act. We start getting habits that make us successful.

This verse says (if you do this) you will have good success. To me, good success is being successful in every area of life- spiritually, financially, physically, mentally etc. A person might have limited success apart from God but it won’t be total success. In other Words, they might have a lot of money but no peace or they might have a good marriage but no money.  God obviously wants us to be successful in every area of life.  

I have a poster hanging in my bedroom to remind me to meditate all the time.

Joshua 1:8: Pink Daisies Design
Joshua 1:8: Pink Daisies Design by ScripturePower
View more framed poster art at zazzle.com

Here is my version of Joshua 1:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment